Saturday, November 12, 2022

Another Rug Show n Tell

Here are more rugs recently found on auction sites.  To my knowledge none of them were owned by dear Barb.  I've had this rug photo for a year or so but didn't show it since I wasn't sure it was an antique and had no  info.  Just this week I saw it listed and got the info needed.

The Dog rug measures 37 x 38.5 and hooked late 19th or early 20th century.  Provenance from important DC private collection but no name provided.
Farm/landscape with covered wagon measures 23 x 42 but no date was provided.
The central design below looks like 4 leaves to me.   Hooked late 19th early 20th century and dimensions are 32.5 x 38.
And a close up of the top edge.
A Patriotic Landscape from the collection of Barbara and Charlie Hunter.  Was hooked early 20th century and measures 36.5 x 53.
An Oval floral hooked early 20th century.  Colors are very pleasing to the eye with dimensions of 36 x 52.
Another rug from the collection of Barbara and Charlie Hunter is 
Hunters in Canoe (23 x 37) and hooked mid 20th century.
Recently Jane Sittnick (follower of my blog) took a trip to New Brunswick, Canada to visit the 
Village Historique Acadian.  She was kind enough to share the following rugs with me.  The Hit and miss diamonds rug happens to be folded across the bottom rail of an antique bed.
Another antique rug she shared is the Squares and Diamonds rug which is a nice geometric.
She also sent me these two 5 star rug pictures which were probably critically placed so as to not be stepped on..

Soft Yellow floral and geometric too.
Yet another Hit and Miss with wide border. This must be in a cubby hole area where part of the border is hidden behind the chest.
On her tour they also had a couple samples of works in progress which could be used to demonstrate the art of rug hooking.  I'm sure Jane didn't need any demonstration as she knowledgeable.  You can see the fabric scraps placed on top of a beautiful design.
And a smaller project.
Hope you enjoyed the show and  on-line tour with Jane and me.  Going outside now to blow leaves off the driveway AGAIN as the last good day of mild weather sticks around.  Mercury drops by Monday so happy hooking and bundle up buttercup.

Saundra


7 comments:

  1. I always enjoy your posts. You must be one day behind us regarding the weather. The warm days are gone, high 60s two days ago, snowing today. I'm stuck with my hooking I don't like my current project, and nothing else is calling my name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow !!! So many beautiful rugs !!! Jane saw some really different pretty designs , nice of her to share them !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the rug show, Saundra. I like the floral oval rug.

    Jane Sittnick was visiting just past where my hometown of Bathurst is in N.B. I never visited that French historic village. I'm actually going up to Bathurst for a family reunion this coming weekend and hubby is staying home. I hope the snow holds off.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for show,,,!!! Nice jane sent pics to you!!!!
    Love seeing them all,,,
    Snow here today,,,, winter has arrived!!!!
    Elaine😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice of Jane to send you the pictures there are some good ones in there.
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like those stars! Probably totally boring to hook, but love the simplicity of the finished work. The half and half dog is interesting isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great rugs as usual. Love the covered wagon one! Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.