Wednesday, November 16, 2022

THIS and THAT

While I've many antique rug photos to share I'll only show one which was recently up for auction again.  That sweet rug is a Donkey hooked early to mid 20th century and measures 23 x 36. 
I loved that donkey so much that I drew one for myself to hook in 2018.  My pattern measures 12 x 18.  Here is my version which I named Lady the Donkey and as you can see I changed the colors of the donkey.
When seeing the antique rug for the first time it reminded me of my grandfather from many years ago.  Here is my paternal grandfather Joseph H. Green, Sr. with his miniature donkey.
I lived a hop, skip and jump across the field you can see between the buildings on the right.  And it was on pop-pop's property where I kept my horse Richie.

In other news, today was a delightful day for me.  My coffee tasted better than I can remember and was great to get back to my regular routine.  There were no polyps and will find out the results of the biopsy in a few days.  

About 4 years ago I had issues and the endoscopy and colonoscopy diagnosed me with collagenous colitis.  So was prescribed a low dose antibiotic which I took about 4 months before the symptoms went away.  
The last 4 months I've endured those symptoms again and called my gastroenterologist in hopes of getting my prescription renewed.  Nope, he wanted another colonoscopy first.  IF I'm lucky perhaps the 're-set' with the procedure will be like shutting down a computer and turning it on again to reset it. 😕  But don't think I'll be that lucky.

Soon the binding of the Comstock rug will be finished and Double Eagles will be my only focus.  Of course there  is that floral I drew which is in an embarrassing UFO pile of one.  But interest in that hasn't returned since drawing the pattern.  Eventually I might flip it over to draw something more inviting.

Yet another wonderful part of my day will be sipping a glass of cabernet while binding the rug and watching The Five.  🍷    Happy day and happy hooking.
                                                                     
Saundra


7 comments:

  1. Great job on that cute donkey. I don't recall every seeing your donkey rug before but then, I don't have the best of memory when life gets hectic. Your version is definitely an improvement and I love how you hooked the background.

    I hope you'll have a good report on the biopsy and and I wish you a great reset. I wish it was that as simple as turning the computer off and restarting it again.

    We had snow in Fredericton and it's now melting. The weekend looks good to travel.

    Take care and hook on.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy no polyps and prayers the biopsy is not concerning!
    You are your usual hooking fool! Soon you will only concern yourself with pulling loops, but I'm sure Double Eagles will be done tout de suite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the procedure is over. May the reports come back clear too. What a sweet photo of donkey and grandpa. My grandparents were townsfolk so I missed all this. Yay for taste buds. Happy hooking

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad no polyps praying for a good result. It is wonderful you feel better. I love your donkey.
    Cheers
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad UR test went ok,,,Good news,,,,Hoping ur feeling ok,,,,and biopsy ok,too,,,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy to hear your procedure went well & hope they can re-start you and you will feel great !!! Love your Donkey and how special it is to you ! Enjoy the Cabernet !!! That is good medicine !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved reading about your pop-pops donkey and how you would go visit your horse there. Also love both versions of the donkey. Hope all goes well for you.. Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.