Friday, November 25, 2022

eenie meenie miney moe

Choices, now I have visible hooked choices, so just need to make up my mind.  Didn't hook that primitive scroll at the bottom because it will be hooked in the same color of wool from the triangle border.  Don't know if it will be the unchosen color or the Ocean City wool in the top triangles.  Will reverse hook the  wool strip which shows up red at the bottom and replace it with a more brown piece of wool.
Although I reverse hooked the mint green previously hooked here is a photo of it again for reference.  
As you can see I've hooked a blotchy background  ~ below is the original antique.
Unless you ate at a restaurant everyone must have some great leftovers for tonight.  So enjoy your easy night and happy hooking.

Saundra


8 comments:

  1. Saundra, I know nothing about hooking antique reproductions and color planning but if I was doing this rug for me I would choose the third triangle color because it picks up the colors in the eagles and also the grey tone in the top row of the triangle. To me, I find it more soothing on the eye, but like I said, I know nothing. It's just my two cents worth and two cents isn't worth much now a day, lol...
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is looking great, You do such a good job of recreating the old rugs.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking Good! I actually got out my rug and wool and hope to hook a it tomorrow. You have inspired me to pick it up again. My rug is like your Comstock one. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like how your instinct works in your color planning. I also like that you do such a nice job reproducing these antique rugs. Its time to get back at it. I finally got some new wool in. I was down to scraps and nothing seemed to work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to seeing what you decided on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the blotchy background. If I were choosing I would go with the triangle color on the right. Left overs really are the best thing about Thanksgiving. The worst thing is the cleaning up. Hilltop Post

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Julia! Yourwork is amazing
    Elaine
    Happy belated thanksgiving,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, the tan or dark grey is my pick, but you should go with the one you think best for you have a great eye for colors. Hilltop Post

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.