Monday, November 7, 2022

MISC. RUG HOOKING CHIT CHAT

In case you've been sitting on the edge of your seat waiting to see what is on my frame, here is the preview.  Yeah, I know, wasn't even on my radar when showing the line-up of auditioning's for that position.  At the last minute this appealed to me most.

Since I've been taking advantage of the balmy weather here (up to 81* a couple days) that means fewer loops were pulled.  I drew this adaptation 26.5 x 29.
Rug binding ~  Two down and one to go.  Two of the three mats/rugs needing binding have been accomplished and left now is Mary Mary quite contrary.  

Li'l Lamb front.  That shiny speck at the top curve is the rayon jacket lining; one side was black the reverse side was a shiny gold.  Will pull my cheating trick and use a black Sharpie to cover up the shine.
Below is the back and you can see how nicely the cotton binding had been gathered with only slight puckers.
I misspoke yesterday saying it was the last day of the weather honeymoon.  But today will be another reaching 80* then tomorrow will be closer to normal with a high of 60.  Also, tomorrow is ELECTION DAY, so please go to the polls, VOTE and make your voice heard.  GOD BLESS AMERICA and our CONSTITUTION!!!!!!! 

Saundra


6 comments:

  1. Will your new pattern be monochromatic ? Pretty colors in your Eagle . Love your Sweet Lamb !
    We were able to mail in our Vote !! It was great to do it at home & mail in !!! Easy Peasy !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a balmy day here too but I had some house cleaning to do. The big full moon is rising fast.

    Your binding on L'il Lamb looks great and your eagle rug is looking good. I love the colors. Very restful on the eyes.

    Good luck with the elections.

    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I thought about getting out my hook today as I had the day off. After taking hubby to his dentist appt though I decided to draw a Santa and started to sew that. Loving the colors you chose thus far for your new rug and lil lamb...well this one looks so like an antique. Love it! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes vote have your voice heard. We were 70's again today but the good weather is gone and now the high tomorrow is 49 with the lowest temperatures so far this season tomorrow night uggg I was so enjoying this weather. But all good things must come to an end as my mother always said. I always thought she was a kill joy but I guess she was just preparing me for life.
    I like your new rug. Your lamb is darling. I am working on 2 rugs at once so it looks like not much is getting done on either
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your new rug. How apropos...a patriotic rug with tomorrow being election day. Praying for our Country!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I were a rug hooker, I would be pretty excited about the new rug. Like the others, I love the colors. You have done a great job with the bindings.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.