Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Workshop Rug Throw Down

On Wednesday morning after breakfast it was time for all the students to display their rugs in progress for all to enjoy.  Even tho these rugs aren't always finished it is so great to see new designs or familiar designs hooked in different colors.

Our teacher Lisanne had a brilliant idea for each of her students to place their name tag on their piece to identify the hooker.  What a brilliant idea!!!!!  I've seen Give Ye Thanks hooked by others and my gal pal Deb has also hooked it.  The pattern is by Spruce Ridge Studio.


There were a couple 'over achievers' in the group and Lynne is one.  So she began another rug in narrow cut when this one was done.
 Appears Elissa was working on three pieces...Oh my another over achiever!



Since I don't see a name on this rug below I'm not sure which classit was being hooked in.  Unless she forgot her name tag.
And another over achiever would be Peg Dutton hooking her house with picket fence and brick steps.  Even tho Peg used a narrow cut the lesson on hooking bricks was a great lesson to hear when Lisanne was working with Peg.  That lesson could be applied to a larger cut too.

Hex and Rex (also sold by Spruce Ridge) was being hooked by my friend Shari in Terri's class.  
Shari had finished hooking the whale piece before camp and was to learn how to do a braided edge on it during the class with Terri.


This may have been from Sibyl's class since it is a narrow cut.
 







The rug show was in the lower level of the hotel and space was limited with standing and slow moving room only.  Therefore I'm sure that I didn't get everyone of the rugs photographed since many were viewing and taking pictures too.  

Nope, you didn't see mine there but did take a picture of it.  Hey, a girl has to keep a little something secret, right?  Tomorrow I'll post a picture of what it looked like that Wednesday morning and how it looks tomorrow.  KEEP IN MIND, that I've been busy this week with unpacking, laundry, leaves, drawing patterns, etc. (yeah, excuses, excuses).  But did want to leave you with wanting more......

Hugs to all and hope you have a great evening.

Saundra

6 comments:

  1. Yeah, yeah. Excuses. Excuses. I've got a million, too.
    So much talent. Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing rugs, looks like a great class.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. such great rugs! love seeing what others are working on.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. A talented group. Great rugs, such a range of designs. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You won't hear any complaints from me. I'm so glad you took all these photos to show us.... They sure are a talented bunch. So much talent.

    I'm looking forward to seeing the rug you're working on.
    I finished whipping and binding all my rugs.
    It's amazing what I can get done with my feet up.

    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - there was a huge variety of hooking projects and styles in your class - so fun to see them all together! Thanks for the eye candy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.