Monday, February 7, 2022

Hop on A Hook-Along

Both Betsy (Heavens to Betsy) and Lauren (Rugs and Pugs) have finished their Granny cow blanket rug.  I posted my finish already and there are still 4 of us remaining so stay tuned to see what the other gals have accomplished.  I know life gets in the way and this wasn't supposed to be a speed race anyway, so you still have something to look forward to in a future post.

Here's Betsy's finish ~ she picked her favorite motifs from Granny's blankets and added her own to make the design hers with the memory of Granny still there.
Lauren is also finished and love her choice of colors also.   After seeing these two rugs makes me rethink how I'd hook it the next time as I like both of these better than mine.  
If you look thru the comments on the previous blog post Betsy asked what the next challenge or hook-along would be.  While I don't have any plans and know several followers had indicated they'd join in the next one, am wondering if anyone has a suggestion.

Saundra

8 comments:

  1. Both are great finishes...as is yours. Granny D would be proud and humbled I am sure. Remember: Comparison is the thief of joy. ~Robin~ (PS...yeah...let's do that "All Night Long" Halloween piece....never too early for witching season ya know.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are fabulous! Looking forward to seeing the others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both rugs are very pretty.
    I don't know about others, but I'm over winter. Tired of looking out the window at grays/browns and dirty snow with the only color being the bright blue sky on cold sunny days. What about something spring-ish for the next challenge or hook-along. Spring flowers, gardens, bunnies (being chased out of said garden?), baby chicks, etc. Or pick any pattern, but use at least 2-3 bright colors that's out of the usual palette people use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh,,,,wow,,,,LaurenS mat is so nice,,,and Betsy ,,,,It's lovely,,,
    Life things ,,yes,,,appts this week,,,,but hope to push thru this week,,,,and get it finished,,,,!!
    Lovely to see all the🏛 versions,,,,!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What pretty rugs!! That would be fun to do another hook along. I will publish pictures of my finished rug in a bit.
    So pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for Betty and Lauren for finishing their beautiful rugs. Thanks for sharing. Both are works of art.

    Looking forward to seeing the other one finished.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Betsy's & Lauren's rugs !!!
    Another challenge sounds fun , this time I will Join in !!! Spring idea , or a garden idea ? May flower Basket ??? I'm sure you have some neat antique rug ideas !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did not realize Betsy created her own montage of granny's rug. So wonderful! Lauren's is wonderful as well! Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.