Saturday, February 12, 2022

Rug Hooking Updates

Will start with a photo of the Blue Bowl I'm working on.  Now wondering why the hell I drew it so big.  Am sure I'll need to do some onion skin dying of soft orange for the stems and not confident I've enough of the soft green.  But would have had enough with a smaller design.  Oh well, like that saying goes "...make do or do without".
Sheila finished hooking her Granny Donaldson rug.  Her design of the motifs held a special meaning for her with an angel, heart, child and woman.  I've emailed Sheila personally to thank her for joining the group and get her mojo back.  
We're almost finished with this Granny Hook-along with only 2 members left.  But me thinks since it is going to be a crappy weather weekend they too will be finished ~ as they were so close.

Weather has been a roller coaster ride in Delaware and elsewhere on the east coast.  The last couple days we've had 60+ degree temps and I've taken advantage of that to lop off more pine tree limbs and drag to the back of the property.  Once today I tripped over a stick and fell to my knees carrying limbs.  Sure hope I don't end up with water on the knee in a few days.  It hurts like hell to have a needle stuck in there to remove the fluid.

Hope you enjoyed the wonderful weather while we had it and remember...spring is just ahead.  Happy hooking.

Saundra

7 comments:

  1. First, don't you go gettin' hurt! We prefer the unhurt version.
    That black/dark background on both of these rugs actually is striking, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really liking your rug...those soft colors of the flowers are so enhanced by the dark background around them. This is going to be a beauty. Shelia's rug turned out wonderfully too. Hopefully her mojo will stick around and she will also join in on the next hook along. Woman...you need to be careful. Those branches aren't going to go anywhere you know....60º...wow. I might have to give up on that Caribbean vacation and think about Delaware. Then again, maybe not LOL. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were in the 40s and that felt like a luxury but back to the cold today and tomorrow we have wind chill factors of -22. But I see the days are longer and we are headed to spring it just may take a while. Yes, be careful it is not fun to get hurt.
    Love your rug and the wonderful rug of Shelia's what a great challenge it has been
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your knees feel ok today. You really need to think twice about what you are doing. You don't to fall and hurt your wrists!!!
    I am loving your Blue Bowl!!!
    Sheila's rug is very sweet.
    The suspense is killing me!!! Hopefully we will soon know what will be next on our frames. It sounds like a few more people will be joining in.
    Happy Sunday from blizzardly northern Ohio. Totally unexpected!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sound like me. I do most everything by myself and only ask for help when I absolutely need it and even then, I don't always get it. I sure hope that your knee is better today.

    I've been enjoying spring like temperature but we are supposed to get stormy weather here too.

    I really like your Blue Bowl rug and it will be amazing once it's finished.

    Sheila's rug turned out really nice and I have a feeling of sadness about it. Seeing the angel, the heart and the baby. Maybe I'm interpreting this in the wrong way. I hope that Sheila will find her mojo.

    I'm looking forward to follow the new challenge to cheer everyone amazing talents.

    Have a great week, and keep that hook hot.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love UR Mat,,,Saundra!!!
    And Sheilas mat is so sweet!!!
    I am pokey,,,,and have hurt my back somehow!!!sure wasn't doing what u are doing!!!be careful,,,,
    So trying to finish off the mat today,,,but just can't do too much ,I am afraid!!!grrrr,,,darn it anyway,,,Have a hot grain bag on my bag at moment,,,
    Hope UR knees OK!,,
    Cold here !!!Brrr,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your knee is feeling fine !!! Gotta be careful & Can't miss a day of Hooking !!!
    Sheila's rug is pretty , love her angel and heart addition....hope she continues to hook !!!
    Crazy weather !!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.