Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Back to Granny's Place we Go

Yesterday Diane (Woolnwares) inquired where Denise and her update went.  So I forwarded that message to Denise and was sent a current photo.  Diane, you are a No-REPLY blogger so I was unable to reply to your comment on my blog, but thanks so much for following and particularly your comment.

Seems as tho Denise made some changes and like what she has done with the background color.  This is the current photo and would be Granny approved since it is similar to the color Granny used as the foundation for her cow blanket of this design.
Here's Denise's before the man and background color change.  
Lauren (Rugs and Pugs) has been busy hooking background and only has the flowers to work on but she hasn't decided what colors yet.  Decisions decisions, but for sure whatever she decides they will be fantastic!
Elaine has been busy hooking motifs and background too.  She mentioned hers is hooked with mostly yarn but the background is with wool strips.  Would love to see the true colors and the tree a little better but is difficult to see thru the fog on the lens, sun glare or whatever is happening to the photo.  
And now to my progress..... Like Lauren I struggled with color choices for the flowers too ~ should I hook all the same, hook different colors for each?   Here's my choice of flower colors which were different, Elaine also chose to hook her flowers differently and am looking forward to see what Lauren decides to do with her flowers. 
Stay tuned to see what we do next.  Aren't you sorry you didn't join us????  

Saundra

11 comments:

  1. Yes wish I had the time to join in, but am enjoying everyone's rugs! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving everyone's versions...for some reason I am particularly fascinated with the trees and the wools everyone chose. I, however, refuse to answer that last question. 😶 ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, because I've had enough of struggles with my own rug to compound my struggles with more decisions. lol... but speaking from experience, it is a lot of fun to take part in these types of challenges with other rug hookers.
    It really nice of you to have offered this challenge. It makes the winter go away faster.

    All the rugs are looking great and so unique. I think Granny would approve.

    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing these~ I do like the background change on the first one. They are all looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are looking great!!!!will try with another camera,,,,and take better pics,,,
    Snowstorm coming here okay,,,after raining all night!!!what!!!what a mess,,,,Might have time to hook abit more today and tomorrow,,,,
    Great granny mats,,,,,granny would be proud,,like Julia,,,mentioned,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  6. These all look phenomenal! So fun to see the progress too. I’ll take part in a future challenge for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love seeing the progress on the rugs. Its amazing to see the progress week to week.
    I will update soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all looking great ....love the back ground color change Denise is using , it is so pretty . I agree with everyone , Granny Donaldson would be proud of these !!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving all of these! ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love them all. I can't decide if I like Denise's before or after better. Both look great. You will be done soon and then can go crazy on Blue Bowl of Flowers ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.