Thursday, February 3, 2022

Misc. Chit Chat

Found a few antique rugs on the internet which interested me, will share those, also a couple rugs I've hooked and a couple Granny updates too.  So it will be a diverse post.  

First with some antique rugs ~ Basket of Flowers was hooked early 20th century measuring 27 x 35.
I like the design and if I hooked it would make the hit and miss border at an angle like Vintage Hearts which I hooked below,  
or 
Posies and Stars antique adaptation I hooked except with a few less red wool strips in the border.
A Canadian hooked rug named Thistle measures 23 x 38.  This is the front and at first I thought the flower on the left was faded.
But when looking at the back it was obvious a different color than red was used.  Note also the rug was self-bound by folding over the burlap foundation and hooked thru all layers.
Hooked mid 20th century the 
Love Birds rug would make a great Valentine themed rug and even wedding rug for a family member.
A Boy and Girl playing with their dog.  Appears the boy is wearing a sailor suit, it measures 17 x 32.5 and was hooked early 20th century.
Now for a couple Granny Hook-along updates ~ Betsy (Heavens to Betsy) sent an update and cannot believe she has accomplished this much with having a business and hooking on another rug with friends each week.  Hers is so much more interesting than mine; she has added wings to the birds, different values in the dresses, cat and interesting choice of wool for the basket.  But guess I shouldn't be surprised at her talent as she IS a rug hooking teacher for goodness sake. 
Kim (My Field of Dreams) is making great progress on her background and will have the fun part of the border to do next.  By now she is probably already working on that border.
Betsy said she and a few other gals are hooking a Jane Stickle quilt design and told her I hooked one in 2011.  A group of us from Yahoo Rughookers bought the book "Dear Jane" to choose the quilt designs.  I chose patterns which I was sure could be hooked in no less than #8.
Below is how I designed my Jane Stickle rug.
Snow is almost all melted with the rain this evening and very mild temperatures it will probably be all gone tomorrow.  However just might end up with that recurring lake behind the house.

Better get to my hooking...ta ta.

Saundra

9 comments:

  1. You have hooked some wonderful rugs!!! Holy hell...11 years ago that you hooked Jane Stickle??? I remember you posting about it.
    Both Kim's and Betsy's rugs are very sweet. Betsy's people and animals even have eyes! She is one fast hooker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well well well. Another rug that interests me is that first antique one. Like you, I do much care for the hit and miss, but sure so love the flowers themselves. Also loving everyone's progress too! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I love that rug you hooked that is incredible. I love seeing Betsy's rug, my goodness how pretty it is.
    You are so right, I made it to that side of the rug, my hands finally made me stop. Hopefully I can finish it tomorrow and get it steamed. I do not like bleached linen. What a tussle it has been. I fight with it all day.
    I am glad you didn't get snow all day, but lakes are always scary when they are in the backyard.
    Have a nice evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like how Betsy is using her colors in her rug. It really add interest for sure and I like how Kim is using colors in her animals and birds also. Both are so close to finishing.

    I like that posies and stars rug and I agree that the border looks so much better done on the slant. Some fast hookers in this group for sure.

    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love your quilt rug...I believe this is my first time seeing it. I have always loved the quilt rugs Cathy does, but have never bucked up enough to hook one. Yes, I really like the detail Betsy incorporated in her motifs. ~Robin~ (PS...please tell Sissie to watch her language....)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saundra i love your Dear Jane rug! Will send a picture after are next meeting. You are so sweet to say such kind things. These Granny rugs are so fun. Love how Kim is hooking under the tree.
    The old rugs are so interesting.
    Hope everyone keeps safe - tomorrow will be a good day to stay in and hook.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great old mats!!!love hit and misses,,,,the slant one is interesting,,,,the granny mats !!!wow,,,,Betsy is going great,,,,,and so is Kim ,,,love them both!!!so fun to see everyone's mat,,,
    Wish I had better pics,,,,My old tablet is not good anymore,,,,has a cloudy cover,,,,Need a new one,,,,but just haven't done any extra outings yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the first rug Basket of flowers it's great! All the Granny rugs are amazing! I'll send a update soon. I had Dear Jane and the other one sorry I sold them now I love your rug!
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your Dear Jave rug ! So pretty ! Betsy's Granny rug is beautiful , they are all wonderful !!!
    We have a pond in our back yard , first time ever ! It has been raining here since last night ...still waiting for sleet & maybe snow , hope the weathermen are wrong !
    Happy Hooking , all the gals Granny's rugs are all most done !!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.