Saturday, February 26, 2022

Multiplying Rabbits (edited)

Chris is getting very close to the finish line with only the border to hook.  
She said the bunnies wanted to do a little moonlight dancing, she's having fun with the hook-along and "livin' la vida loca" in the process.    
Crystal must be the first to complete her rug and look at that interesting background.  She outlined the rabbits in black to make them stand out.  She also told me she hooked this in one day.  That blew me away and had to inquire what size the pattern was to accomplish that feat.  It measured 16 x 25.  WOW!!!!  She said she hooks fast and doesn't use a frame which she thinks makes her hooking faster.  Not having a frame to keep the pattern taut would make my hooking much slower me thinks. 
This just in from Kitty.  She hooked her Dancing Rabbits to match the décor in her room, a chest.  Look at the creative bunny rabbits with polka dots!
Another photo received from Deb who has 5 grandkids and made a huge Dancing Rabbit rug representing all her grands.   Love that background.
Angela from Adams County, Ohio has joined in too.  This is the first time she has joined in a hook-along but is a loyal reader.  She said she's hooked hers with old tee shirts, something she learned when I hosted the 'textile challenge'.  Waste not want not, right Angela?   And that pulls much easier thru foundation than woven cotton!  
Rhonda is making headway on her rug too.  So far I think the favorite color for rabbits has been brown.  But guess that is decided by background color each of us wants to use ~> light background dark rabbits.....dark background = light rabbits.
This one below is from April and I know someone who will love that primitively hooked rabbit.  Can't wait to see what the other bunny colors will be.
I recall Kris (Spruce Ridge Studios) emailing to join saying, "You had me at granddaughter", which was some inspiration I tried to evoke in my initial post about the Dancing Rabbits event.  So this is a photo sent of what she plans for the granddaughter's rug.  Kris I cannot wait to see how this develops and happy my words were able to inspire YOU.
Karen said seeing the hook-along encouraged her to start the pattern she had in her stash for years.  Great job on those brown rabbits and looking forward to that active background.
Sheila finished hooking her rug after 3 days and says it was a record for her.  
Perhaps one day she will hook that antique version she originally drew, which you can see a bit of on the unhooked portion on the right.
And now after all the wonderful exhibits above, here is my bland endeavor.  Should have realized I was playing with the big league here.  
Am enjoying seeing and sharing everyone's rendition of this old rug design.  For those of you wondering how to get a photo of your progress on my blog, just EMAIL ME your photo and I will put it there on the next post.  

FYI the next blog post will be an antique rug show as I don't want my readers to become bored; plus it will give everyone an opportunity to pull more loops on their project.  Meanwhile, happy hooking.  


Saundra



22 comments:

  1. I do love that primitive one for sure! Did hook a bit today on my grass. Only brought wool for that at the store and was done so quickly that I was having withdrawals not being able to hook anymore. LOL I like yours too!!! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness, this is so wonderful to see the different rugs and different styles! Its very motivating to see how everything and everyone progresses. Yes I feel like I have entered the big time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bunnies, they're so cheerful :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love seeing these sweet bunnies!!!
    Wow,,,,sheila is almost done!!!
    A fast hook ,,,,and FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all great , can't wait to see Kris's design come to life !
    I think Sheila wins the Over achiever award !!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see the convoy of bunnies keep coming on strong. Yay for the bunnies... They are winning and they bring us joy in these gloomy days. I like seeing their individualities. Keep on hopping. Three more weeks to official spring.

    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  7. what wonderful rugs! I love seeing all the creative ideas.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Comment on your edited post: I really like the lines in Angela's rug, top photo. It adds a magical or whimsical touch which goes well with the dancing bunnies.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never got on the computer yesterday to see all these Great Bunnies dancing !!! Love the wools everyone is using & colors ! Angela is using T-shirts !!! Can't wait to see Kris's come to life !!!
    This is really Fun !!!! I showed these to my daughter who was visiting & she just Loved seeing everyone's versions . I hope when her children are older she will pick up a hook too & catch the Bug !!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok...this Bunny Dance has gotten completely out of control LOL. I thought the main challenge for WHEN I do this design was deciding light vs. dark bunnies and vice versa for the background....but now I think I am going to have to hook a half a dozen of these to be able to do all the versions I am falling in love with.... I am loving Angela''s unique background....such a whimsical fairy-tale touch! And I know the details in Kris's bunnies is going to be fantastic....But I am so, so, smitten with April's bunny. I know it's not right to favor one bunny over another...but, dang...he is just the cutest! Bunny love! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love them all...and please cut yourself some slack. Yours is just as wonderful as all the others ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These rugs are multiplying like rabbits!
    Love them!
    The polka dot bunnies are a great idea

    ReplyDelete
  13. Me again... Who would have thought of polka-dot bunnies dancing in a carrot patch? I like this and and I also like the use of color in the landscape background. Well done everyone.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love those polka dot bunnies, that is so cute!! Gosh, who knew that there could be so many wonderful differences in the pattern. Thanks so much for doing these. I just love seeing all of the different styles.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the Polka Dots !!!Love Chris's blue back ground !!!Deb's 5 grand kids is great !!!Everyone is just So cute !!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a treat all these dancing bunnies rugs are and I also love these bunnies dancing by the moonlight. They are being hooked faster than I could ever imagine. The more, the merrier.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  17. The rabbits are, indeed, multiplying! I do hope you do one (long) post at the end showing all the finishes at one time. It's getting hard to keep track LOL. Chris's moonlit background is bewitching...but I do also like the uniqueness of the jeweled tone background of Crystal's. And what's not to love about a polkdot bunny??! Too stinking cute (love the carrots too!!) And Deb's multiplying rabbits is beautiful too. I am loving her background too. I would have never thought of using the various hues of blue that many are using but it works so well in all of the rugs. Wow...gonna have a tough time choosing what I want to do when I get this one on my frame. And, yup, GT is right...cut yourself some slack!! Yours is every bit as beautiful as the rest... There is no way anyone could single one out and say "this is best"....that's what I mean about it being difficult to decide how I would do mine. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  18. I did not realize you had edited again. I almost missed so many wonderful rugs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great showing of all those multiplying bunnies! I love them all and the creativity each has put into it.
    (Sorry had some catching up to do - crazy week.)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Do you know if this is a copyrighted pattern? And if yes, by whom?

    ReplyDelete
  21. No it is an antique which as been hooked differently by many.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.