Tuesday, February 15, 2022

One Month Ago....

....January 15th, was the official beginning of the Granny hook-along.  There were 7 of us who participated and we are nearing the end of this fun group project.

Elaine just finished hooking her adaptation which she drew free style by hand using elements from Granny's designs.  The tree is wonderful with the mix of yarn colors, so is the background with that mix of green.  Great job Elaine and so happy you joined in.
Denise only has a little of background left so no doubt she'll be finished soon.  Denise started with a light background color and changed her mind to use a color similar to that Granny used in an original cow blanket foundation.  Must admit I'm smitten with that horse Denise.
This has been a fun group event but we're not quite done until all rugs are hooked.  But remember, "When One Door Closes Another One Opens".  The same can be said for 'hook-alongs'.  It really will be happening soon ~ promise.  But this door isn't quite closed.

Happy hooking.

Saundra

10 comments:

  1. I always enjoy seeing a pattern hooked up in different color ways. In this case, the rugs are similar, with each having their own unique personality. I have so enjoyed watching the process and the finished rugs.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Elaine for a job well done. It looks like the two girls in the rug are dancing for joy. A very happy rug.

    Denise, your rug looks happy also with animals of unusual colors. I love the change of your background. It really add a bit of magic. You're almost done...

    Looking forward to seeing them all together when everyone are finished.

    Thanks saundra, for showing these.

    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun rugs and so glad they did the hook along. I look forward to a new challenge. Thank you so much Saundra. I agree with Julia, those rugs do look happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. such wonderful work! I loved seeing them.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. You mentioned it last time, but Denise's really does have a lot of critters doesn't it. Love them both! I also like the background tones Elain used - hints of green.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So close to a finish ,,Denise!!!!it looks GREAT!!
    I was pleased with my finish ,,,and it is a happy mat,,,
    A press and sew back the edges ,,no binding,,,as it will go on Wall,,,
    Thanks Saundra,,,for the inspiration,,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two more wonderful finishes (ok, one dang close finish). I like to think I could tell some of the creator's personality by looking at their rugs. And, my....could it be some one is getting antsy??? ;-) ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  8. What sweet rugs! Elaine's is so cheerful, and I, too, love Denise's horse. She is so close!!!
    I hope you will do a post showing all the rugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These two rugs look great !!! Fun to see color choices , awesome hooking !!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everyone did a marvelous job! Thanks for hosting too! Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.