Wednesday, February 16, 2022

I LOVE Antique Rugs

And since there is no new news that means it's time for another rug show.  I have hooked a couple E.S. Frost Sheep designs, including the one with scrolls. This particular rug is facing in a different direction than the ones I hooked.  This one measures 30 x 43 it is lovely and as you can see is well worn and soiled.
Quite primitive red folk art horse circa 1920, wonder if it was hooked from a toy or a real work horse?  The rug measures  17.5 x 35.
Nice floral and great scrolls, sorry but don't have dimensions.
I really, really like this Lion Welcome rug which I've had on my flash drive since 2019 hoping to glean more information on date, dimensions etc.  Since I've not discovered that info I'm posting it anyway.
An old rug of two rabbits hooked between 1900-39 measures 24 x 36.  Not a good photo of the worn front.
The true colors of the middle of the rug but from the back.
A landscape surrounded by Scrolls and floral border.  Center with red barn, woman feeding turkey and chickens. Hooked between 1900-39 from New Hampshire. 
Mild temperatures today and tomorrow also.  However, because of the change of weather have heard there will be high winds and thunderstorms tomorrow.  Hope like heck more trees aren't blown over I've already several huge tops of trees in my yard which are too heavy for me to haul.

Happy hooking and keep the next hook-along in your memory as it will happen soon.  I know, it's like when we were kids waiting to go to sleep so Santa would deliver our presents.....remember that back in the day?  I sure do.  But do you also remember how special that day was when it finally arrived?  YEAH!  That's what I'm talk'n about.

Saundra

9 comments:

  1. Hands down favorites: The first sheep one and the rabbits. What can I say? Old loves die hard. As for that horse, I would certainly bet it is a toy horse representation. Old German pull toys were placed on thin wooden pieces of wood like this with wheels on them. I have a couple. ;-) And, nope...don't remember trying to fall asleep waiting for Santa. Santa came to our house while we were at church for Christmas Eve service. The only time all year we'd have to wait for my mom to come out to the car. We are to get high winds tonight/tomorrow too...and, for some reason, the weather forecast is NEVER wrong about that. Stay safe. It may please you to know that I plan on working on hook-related projects (or at least one) tomorrow. For now my needle is calling me. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all these rugs! Have to hook faster because they all would be fun to hook.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great show this evening. They are all stunning in their own way. Love the last little paragraph you wrote. 💖

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite is the sheep and second favorite is the rabbits. The rabbits were hooked with wider strips it seems.

    It was raining over night and windy but all is calm and overcast right now but still more rain to come.

    Hope no more branches will fall.

    Take care, stay well and safe.
    Hugs,

    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. The weatherman here, is wrong about rain, but never is wrong about wind and thunderstorms. I think I like the last rug best. I just have a thing about chickens and turkeys. I hope you don't get anymore branches either. Yes, I remember waiting and trying to go to sleep. Now that you say that, I am waiting for the next hook along to start. But of course, I have so many rugs I could be working on. :) Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So far today we have not gotten the steady rain they predicted, but temps are dropping with rain, ice and snow in the forecast. Tomorrow I am heading an hour and a half south to hook for the weekend, so I am thankful my personal "uber" has volunteered to drive.
    I have always loved the primitive red horse...some day I hope to hook him...but did a punch needle version many years ago. I gave him away...I think to my sister. At an antique show a few years ago, there was an antique one for sale. It must have been quite a common pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the mats!!!
    Especially the landscape with floral border,,,,,and the sheep!!!
    Rain here all night!!!what!!!then snow to nite on top of ice!!!
    Not going g far,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many beautiful old rugs !!! Love the Lions Welcome rug , the Bunnys & the last one ....love seeing the antique rugs !!!
    I was one of those kids who counted down the days til Cmas , I had things taped to my bedroom closet doors & every day put up another Cmas picture . I saved some of the previous years Cmas cards & cut them up . I would try to stay awake Cmas Eve as long as I could ! I still get excited !!!LOL !!!
    I can't wait to see what you & Betsy have designed for us !!!
    Today was 60 degrees here , but really windy. It is suppose to pour here tonight and tomorrow am . Was just a big tease today to have it so warm .
    Hope you don't loose anymore trees either !!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great rugs. Glad you have the warm temps. We started off with freezing rain this morning and now snowing very hard. Expecting 6 to 9inches. Not fun for those out driving right now. Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.