Tuesday, September 6, 2022

RAIN and WOODS LIFE

Finally the predicted rain actually happened and this time it was more than 50 drops. It is definitely beginning to look (not feel) like fall with the leaves falling and changing color.  Perhaps that is due to the drought.  Here are two photos from the front porch.

I know the farmers and gardens are soaking up the much needed rain, tho it is too late for some plants at this point.  But is rain an aphrodesiac for critters?   In the backyard I discovered a turtle in destress....or was it?  

I bent over to see if the upside down turtle was alive, and he was.   Not wanting to disturb a situation nature may not appreciate, I left them there.
Here is a view from the other side of the pole.  BTW, that is not a snake, it is a root and I check it out each time I'm back there at the clothesline pole.  Turtles can right themselves up but wasn't sure if he/they were in an awkward position preventing him from doing that.  So came back every 15 minutes to check on my inhabitants.
Just steps away was that little female turtle mentioned in a previous post.  So guess they are all heading back into the woods in preparation of the fall that is upon us.
After several visits later I noticed the female had left the party so I turned over the male and left  him alone to come back later and see if he had safely gone.  From the divot in the earth I'd say they had quite the tryst. 
Plans are to have a rug hooking related post next time as I always feel like I'm cheating you by posting off topic.  Just remember I'm still hooking the same old same ol, lol.  Yet I'm still loving the Deer and Blue House, it just isn't moving as fast as I'd like.  Happy hooking.

Saundra
  GOD BLESS AMERICA

8 comments:

  1. LOL turtle love. We have had a nice soaking rain the past couple of days and yes to late for the gardens but good for the wells going into winter. We are starting slowly to change color.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems you may have interrupted them. LOL Lovely color for a turtle. Wish we had some rain. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is too funny. I read that male gets aggressive and the lock their sharp claws into the rear of her shell and flips over and will mate for a couple of hours. I'm some glad I'm not a turtle. lol...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your rug hooking posts, but it's fun to get out and about too. It is looking a lot like fall there. LOL on Julia's comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well...not only sex, but kinky sex at that... You surprise me Mummy Dearest and I hope you know I am blushing. I love the view from your front porch...how cool to look out and be so secluded. I live in Nod, yes...so things are secluded...but we aren't "wooded" other than for on the side and back and what we planted essentially. I guess I always pictured myself living in the middle of a forest LOL. ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow) (PS...I've told you this before...I enjoy your "off-topic" posts...it shows your human side. 😉)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry...no clue why that posted twice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So were the turtles embarrassed to have been caught in the "act"? Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Turtle sex! Fascinating! We’ve been blessed with even amounts of rain and last night dropped to 42 degrees. Autumn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.