Thursday, September 15, 2022

OLD RUG PICTURES TO SHARE

Other than hooking a rug this is my next favorite thing to do, look for antique rugs and sharing them with you.  Hooked 1878 notice the big horse and small bull.
Two cats hooked with cotton and wool on burlap 24 x 44 circa 1890.
America themed rugs are always a favorite of mine.  I've had a photo of this rug for a while and never posted it as I was afraid it was an antique adaptation.  However, recently found again on an auction site with the following information: Civil War era 1880 hooked with wool and cotton on burlap measuring 25 x 35.  
This next one has a Halloween appeal to me despite it being titled Goldilocks and the 3 Bears.  Size is 43 x 83 and said to be hooked early 20th century.  Goldilocks is barely visible and the bears look like robotic scary creatures to me.
This next one is a bias shirred rug from Maine which I recently drew for a customer.  Not sure the original size but she wanted hers 24 x 36.
Overlapping Circles hooked early 20th century measures 26 x 37.  
ALERT:  Robin, close your eyes as the next rug might bring an onset of ptsd.  Recently found was cats with a ball of yarn measuring 22 x 36 and hooked early 20th century.
What did capture my heart recently was this tattered Lamb Chair pad, 14 x 14.  I've had the photo for a few months and wanted to keep it for myself.  But decided to share it with you.  Right now it is the only thing posted here which steals my heart.
An attractive Floral dated 1890-1910 measures 33 x 37.
Will continue perusing the internet and my files searching for a design which makes my heart go pitter patter because I'm close to pulling the last loops on Deer and Blue House.  But.....there is still that contrary Comstock to work on.

Saundra

   GOD BLESS AMERICA





7 comments:

  1. I like the lamb too but the flowers are pretty too.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love the lamb chairpad...and that Maine rug is beautiful. I'm still mulling what, if anything, I will do. I made up my mind several months back that after Welcome Cats was hooked, I would spend what remained of September and October on fall/Halloween projects. I don't think I have anything Halloween in my hooking stash (other than binding Jack's Crow), but have tons of stitching designs in que...and a punched project. We'll see. Probably should just finally finish some of the things that are done. ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow) (And, yeah...thanks for the heads' up on the cats and ball rug....but you could have NOT shared that so soon on the heals of my trauma LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Lamb chair pad is a winner for me too.
    It's getting late and I have another busy day tomorrow and Saturday. Thanks for the antique rug show. You are a good ambassador for the antique rug world.

    Take care, and don't loose that hook.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. And, I love choosing a favorite Which this time happens to be your favorite too, the tattered lamb chair pad. I love the simple colors and the grasses and flowers on which she stands! Mary @ Hilltop Post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these Mats!
    Oh the cats,,,
    And first One!
    Elaine🏘🏘

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow the shirred rug is amazing ....that must take so much more wool to do that ???? The 3 Bears , is pretty Spooky !! The Lamb is so cute , love how it is so worn looking . The stripe background for the 2 Kitty's would drive me crazy , although it looks pretty . A Fun Rug Show as always Saundra !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another good rug show. I always love those prim color rugs and ones with blues and reds. Have a great weekend! Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.