Sunday, September 11, 2022

DEER and BLUE HOUSE Update

Okay Janice, since you said you never get tired seeing the same ol rugs over and over,  here go with another post of Deer and Blue House.  Guess I'll soon need to decide what goes on my frame next ~ besides the dreaded Mary quite Contrary. 
This morning it started drizzling outside and stopped long enough for me to remove two big pokeberry weeds from a section of the yard and unwanted seedling trees growing in the same area.  Came in the house and it has been pouring since.  Just might end up with that annual lake in the back woods and yard after all.

Today was arrival day at Cape May rug camp for week one.  I'm not attending this year (either week) and I've been attending since 2003.  Am hoping the new organizers get more organized for next year's event and maybe I'll attend again.  There were no primitive teachers lined up, only narrow cut teachers.  So each of the two weeks there was one class where you could work on a UFO and without a teacher.  WTH?  I can stay home and do that with no cost for hotel and my food is good, so why go?

But will await reports back from attendees on the food which was horrible at best last year and sometimes unpalatable.  I'm no food critic so you know it had to be bad when you can't even eat a salad because you pull out half rotted greens and bloated cherry tomatoes.  Sure miss Linda and Norma for the fantastic job they did.  

Saundra
  GOD BLESS AMERICA





5 comments:

  1. You are almost done Saundra. I love what you got so far.

    Too bad about the organizers of Cape may, not being up to par with the former organizers. If they want to keep their customers happy, they will have to set a higher standard of service.

    The only hook-in I attended in years is the one our group had this summer. It was well organized but it was only for a day and within 20 minutes from home. So it didn't cost me much for a day of fun.

    It's good to have someone share a hotel room to cut down the cost. They usually have special rates for groups but with meals and gratuities being extra, it adds up quickly, not to speak of the cost of fuel for a five hour drive each way and meals on the road. When I went to Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia, it cost me a lot as my room mate decided not to come and I had a big hotel room all to myself for three days. The breakfast and coffee brakes were included in the price but it was too expensive for my taste but I did enjoyed seeing the amazing talent in everything fibre art.

    My daughterJackie, the Fibre artist, goes every year with her friend and they share the cost. It was a good experience but once was enough for this old girl.

    Can you believe, the June bugs are hitting in the window screen as it's so warm this evening. I'm not complaining.

    Take care,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is only one primitive teacher at the camp I am going to in October. Luckily, I really like her, and I got into her class. You rug is coming right along it will not be long now.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your rug is looking beautiful ! That's too bad Cape May just isn't the same with the new people running it . They better get their act together or no one will want to go . I am signed up for 2 hook ins in October , have never been to these , so am really looking forward to them . One is only about 45 minutes away , at a beautiful old restaurant called Salem Crofts . The other is Heavens To Betsy Halloween Hook In . I will go with some new rug hooking friends I have met , so am excited to go ! Will let you know what they are like !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, look on the bright side MD...at least you don't have to feel too badly about missing out on your annual Cape May trek.... You're right, why pay to have no teacher or ones that are narrow cut teachers. Your rug is looking wonderful but, yes...you better be getting on that next rug. (Say it's going to be a black cat!) A bit south of us there was so much rain that they had to close the interstate and used snowplows to try to clear some of the water off the highway. 😳 ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well that sucks about the rug hook retreat. Agree with you though. Why spend money to hook by yourself when you can do it at home. Makes no sense. Ha Ha on using your deer rug. I do so love the colors of this one! Plus I dont get tired of looking at it! Hope you dont end up with a lake on your property. Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.