Thursday, September 1, 2022

SEPTEMBER 1st ALREADY?

Good grief, time goes by too quickly.  Plans were to post an update on Deer and Blue House...BUT...I didn't accomplish as much on it as planned since I worked outside this morning and halfway filled up the dumpster with more pond liner.  Didn't bother taking a photo of the progress but figure it will be two more weeks before the carcass will be gone.

After lunch I hooked and planned to post a photo this evening.  However, getting up from my hooking spot across the room I saw the view of a fantastic dry sink and vignette and decided that would be my post.

The wonderful black doll to the far left and the chair were made by my friend and former dollmaker Shari, the primitive black doll to the right of her was made by another friend Frannie. 
Below is a pic of the right side which shows a 
toy iron, tin cup and utensils which were found in the dirt outside my childhood home by my father well after I was an adult.   
Those two small dolls you see were made by me.  That style sold very well when vending but am so happy to have saved these for me to enjoy and remind me of the past.  That used to be my happy past until it became work.

Now my happy place is hooking on HAPPY rugs, lol.  Well you know which rugs I'm talking about.      

Saundra



        

6 comments:

  1. I remember those iron from my childhood. Mind you, I didn't had a child size one but used my mom's heavy iron that resided on the hot stove. Everything would be ironed in those days. I can still remember the smell of ironing clean pillow cases that were hung on the line to dry. I used to love ironing clothes.

    Did you make the doll heads too? I'm sure you cherish them. I don't have anything saved from my childhood except an old letter which I wrote to my older sister but never send it. My mom found it when they tore the old house down to make room for the new house.

    Enjoy the pulling of loops.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dolls are wonderful Saundra....they somewhat remind me of the cabbage patch dolls from years back. And love the little doll your friend Shari. I think back on all the "crafts" I used to do and wonder, sometimes, what happened. I guess they, ultimately, didn't "stick." (Although I would like to finish up a few of the little mohair bears I intended...and some even started...if I remember how I did them LOL.) Happy September my friend... Yes, time is whirring by. ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely view such sweet dolls. I cannot believe you are still pulling and hauling on that liner for your pond. It sure has been a process for you to dismantle that pond.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty display . My Mother used to make Mammy Dolls , I have them all in a box now , some were topsy turvey , they were so popular . The dolls you made are Wonderful , those faces and those little fingers !!! Happy you saved those for yourself !

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet vignette, and you know I absolutely love the dry sink!!!
    Your many talents are simply amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice displays of dolls! Wish I had saved more of mine from years ago. I do a few. Love black dolls. I did make a few of those that I kept. Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.