Saturday, January 29, 2022

HOOK-ALONG UPDATE TIME

No update on mine this time as I've decided to pull a few more loops on Blue Bowl of Flowers to give participants' time to work on their Granny piece.   

Sheila decided to do a dark background and realized it would be too close in value with the purple dress so she reverse hooked it.  She said next time she'll choose her background color first.
This is a current photo with a new frock and a hooked chicken.
Lauren (Rugs and Pugs) decided Ole Jack needed some attention but did send me this photo to share.  
And am very pleased to have someone new join the group and am quite honored she would even consider playing in the wool with us.  Welcome Betsy (Heavens to Betsy).  She has been working steadily to have accomplished this much in just 2 days.  Her pattern measures 20 x 24 and did her own adaptation of a Granny Donaldson design.  Love the heart and that famous shaped antique cat.   Glad to have you Betsy.
Kim Is moving right along on her project too.  As I'd mentioned in my first post about starting this Granny hook-along, it was my belief that this was Karen's version of a Granny Donaldson design.
On the weather front thank goodness the weather folks called it wrong.  Had 8-10 inches rather than the 12-18 they predicted.  Now the sun is shining and melting the snow which will then freeze making driving unsafe at night.  Not to worry tho as I'll not be going anywhere.  

Happy hooking.

Saundra

13 comments:

  1. This is so fun, thank you for letting me join in. I love what everyone is doing. The shales and colors are great! It will be fun to them all when finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you cat so much more than mine! Sheila

      Delete
  2. Those are coming along nicely! Glad you didn't get quite as much as expected. We would actually welcome some of it. We've had 2 weeks of fog. Bleck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh everyone's rugs are looking so nice !!! Fun to have Betsy join in too !
    We lucked out with the storm too , they predicted over a foot for us , but looks like we got about 6" , it's still snowing & thankfully the wind has dyed down .
    Glad you didn't get as much too ! Will be warmer this week , so will melt away !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Saundra, I'm so glad that Betty joined the group. Wow, she really got a lot done on short order. The rugs all look wonderful. It's so much fun peeking at all the rugs and I love that when I click to enlarge the picture I can see so much details , like the whiskers on Betty's cat.

    I'm glad that you didn't get as much snow as they forecasted. It's still snowing here and windy. We'll see in the morning how much we got.

    Hook away.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops! so sorry Betsy.... I called you Betty. This wild snow storm has got my mind scrambled. Thanks for correcting me Saundra.

    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so loving these rugs! Everyone's is so uniquely individual, but so, so, fun. Of course I especially love the kitties! 😻 I am glad that you missed the brunt of the storm....and lucky you that it will melt soon. No melting going on here any time soon. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was worried you would lose power...hopefully you wont. So enjoy the rugs and everyone's adaptation of them! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad when the weathermen are wrong. So glad you didn't get as much snow as forecast. Oh goodness the rugs are so much fun. I love seeing everyone's take on it. I am so glad Betsy joined too.
    I am so glad I am in this group of very talented women.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful are those rugs!!! The more the merrier.
    We got about 3 inches with wind and cold now for the clean up. We are going to be warm come mid week up in the high 30s we haven't been above freezing in awhile
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad Betsy joined!!!her mat is Amazing!,,!
    Must work on mine today,,,,Snowing and slippery ,,,So not walking much!!!
    Glad UR storm wasn't too bad,,,Looks like some areas got alot!!!
    Thanks for keeping us inspired,,,,Saundra!,,!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy moley...or should I say holy hell? But it is Sunday so I better not say it!!!
    Betsy's progress is putting us all to shame. What a fun pattern she has drawn up and it is so nice to be able to recognize her animals. I have lots of mystery animals...lol.
    Sheila's and Kim's rugs are looking good, too!
    Looking forward to your updates of Granny and Blue Bowl of Flowers or whatever you are calling it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everyone's version is wonderful, great seeing these evolve in various color schemes! Hi Betsy, so fun you jumped in...good for you!♥ I kept hedging, love these varied designs...but truly have to finish my current project with a tower of UFO's behind that one. Have FUN everyone! Where did Denise Barnes go... she's one of my local students (hi Denise)! :) ~Diane (Wool-N-Wares)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.