Sunday, May 15, 2022

LOOKING for the NEXT ONE

I spend a lot of time looking for antique rugs then again looking for something for me to hook between rug projects.  I'm on the search again and one is from my stash so wouldn't have to draw anything as it is ready to go ~ that would be the Mary Comstock rug.  The pattern I have is smaller measuring 20 x 26 so it would be an easy quick hook, me thinks.
The recently posted Deer interests me and you know how I love blotchy backgrounds and despite my hooking numerous deer over the years will always love hooking deer and horse rugs. 
Also this Stag and Doe antique rug is teasing me.  Love that little bit of color in the house and flower.
While perusing etsy for rug patterns I fell in love with Sheep's Cabin, a design by Terri Leamer of Winter Cottage Studio.  So those are in my vision of what to hook next.
OH, plus I've a log cabin design floating around my cranium which hasn't been put to paper yet.  However, I'm not ready to draw anything yet since I've two rugs to finish. 

On other news... today (Sunday) I went outside and saw this beautiful  turtle and wondered if it was a male looking for a mate or a female wanting to find a spot to lay her eggs.  
I've read turtles return to their original location every year.  Am happy some have survived to make it this size and return each year; I look for them.  While the turtle may not have been happy with me, I gently turned it over to find out its gender ~ it had a concave bottom which meant it was a male.  A few hours later I went to the back yard again he was close to the area where I found him.  So perhaps he has a date with a female and more turtles will return.
Okay, enough of the sex life of turtles.  I went outside to move some logs this morning about 10 a.m.   Here is a picture of my first trip to the back woods.
My second trip.  
By that time I was getting shaky and figured it must be close to lunch time so came into the house.  After water and rest had lunch and went back outside to make two more trips.  That's when I saw Mr. Turtle again in a slightly different spot and figured he had an eye out for a local gal.

There's still more logs to move and tomorrow is supposed to be thunderstorms.  But at least I got those few loads back in the area where the water normally builds up.  

Where is my TREE MAN?????  Whenever they get here I'll have the remaining logs ~ which are bigger and heavier removed by them.


Happy hooking.

Saundra





8 comments:

  1. That is a very heavy job and just be careful you do not over do! Funny about the turtle looking for a date. I do like the first rug you put up but whatever you choose you will do a wonderful job with it.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the rugs but I'm more interested in the turtle. lol... I learn something new every day. I hope he finds his mate. I looked up native turtles in Delaware and google tells me it an Eastern Box Turtle. I love the colors and I was thinking nice colors for a rug, of course.

    You remind me of The little Engine That Could, saying I think I can, I think I can and made it up the hill. I hope your tree man shows up soon. Don't over do it.

    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all 3 designs you are thinking about hooking !!! Big decisions !!!
    We found a tiny turtle in our yard the other day ....we see just one every Spring & my husband is afraid to mow the lawn. When I went out to look for it hours later , I couldn't find it anywhere .
    Hope your tree guys come soon !!!
    It has been hot & humid , tonight we could get bad storms , but much cooler weather will return . It's a shock to the system to go from the 50's to 80!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of antiques to get inspired,,,,
    Lots of work for you,,,,
    Wow,,,,You are amazing,,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well you already know I love the Comstock rug...It was a rug I saw when I first started hooking and fell in love with it...and I love it still. I do love the sheep rug too. No comment on the deer....I have 2 patterns in my stash...one has been there for a long, long, time. Sweet turtle...such a beautiful shell! I was reading with bated breath praying you didn't move him. Did you know that turtles have relatively very small "territories" and if they are relocated, they will try to get back to it...and if they can't, they will simply stop eating and die. 😢 We had no spring, 2 days of summer and have moved on to fall I think. Had to break down and turn the heat back on. Brrrr.... and Grrrr.... ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a turtle who lays eggs in our yard each year. She comes from the little marsh nearby. Our yard is higher than most in our neighborhood, so maybe she realizes it. Who knows but cool! I love all of the rugs you just posted. Cannot wait to see which one you chose. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hooked Mary Comstock’s Rug last year and just love it. I’d post a picture but I don’t see any way to do that

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many fun rugs!
    I never knew how to determine the sex of a turtle.
    You need to email Mary Margaret and ask her to send you a picture. I saw it in progress at a hook in. WOW! She is one of the best hookers around.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.