Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Antique Rug Show is Back

I love this Folk Art Memorabilia!  It measures 19 x 38 but age and designer are unknown.
This is the back and as you can tell by the destressed foundation it is hooked on burlap.  You can also see the original colors.
Next is a Landscape with hit n miss and floral border with dimensions of  31 x 52; date unknown.
That also was hooked on burlap and here is a view of the back and true colors.  People, this is why you should use GOOD linen foundation and  not cheap burlap.
The background makes this Steeplechase rug a little difficult to appreciate.  Circa 1930 it measures 30 x 42.
This wavy geometric is dated 1900's with dimensions of 36 x 38.  The departed Barb Carroll had a student in her class working on this before she passed.  I thought the project was interesting and later saw this antique listed on Pook and Pook.
Another very primitive rug is Rooster and Goose.  It measures 17.5 x 32 and hooked early 20th century.  It is so primitive I'm surprised there aren't initials of BEM or NGS hooked in it.
Speaking of Barbara E. Merry and her daughter Nancy Gertrude Scott, I have found some rugs which I haven't shown before.  Won't post them tomorrow but you loyal followers usually scroll thru your favorite blogs daily so will see them when posted.

Not sure how you handle holidays, any holiday really.  It really throws me off my game (that is if I ever had one) because I don't know what day of the week it is, if it a week day or weekend, what to do because TV scheduling is off, don't know if mail will be delivered or what the heck to do with myself; maybe after the new year I'll get my sea legs back. 
😩 

Happy hooking.

Saundra



6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the antique rug show again Saundra. I agree with you about the value of using a good foundation.

    I know what you mean about not knowing what day it is during the Holidays, lol...
    I think that's why I loose myself in working on puzzles every year. If one gets puzzled as to what day it is during the Holidays, might as well go all the way and work on one. lol...

    Stay well and warm.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them!!!
    I know what u mean,,,,What day !??
    Elaine😍🏘🏘

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always a fan of the horse ones! Well still working, I do know what day it is...and wish it were Friday already. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate you sharing the old rugs! I too get all off with the holidays. Sometimes I tease that there are just too many of them. When there were kids in school everything flowed along, but being alone, there are no markers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colleen, I so wanted to correspond with you but you are a NO-Reply blogger. Email me thru the "EMAIL ME" link on my blog.

      Delete
  5. I love the first 2 rugs ....something about them ....The last one is very pretty , but I think I would get so bored !
    I have no idea what day it is either ....the whole week has been funny for me ....I am looking forward to 2023 though , hopefull that things will improve ??? Or maybe I should stay in this crazy , whacky week ?????
    I need to get back into my Bubble !!!!LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.