Sunday, December 4, 2022

THIS, THAT and the OTHER THING

Will start off with a show-n-tell.  As you all know, I enjoy a glass or 3 of wine and for years have been collecting corks for some project to be determined.   At least 3 years ago I finally purchased a wreath form around this time to make a cork wreath for my son's game room.  It made perfect sense to give him back some corks as every Christmas he has contributed to my libation jubilation.

As time seems to go bye bye way too fast the project was never accomplished in time because Christmas seemed to just pop up out of nowhere each year, lol.  This year it was finally time to make it.
I wanted to buy some faux grapes or grape leaves but this isn't the time of year to buy those and I hadn't planned that far in advance.  HA!  Yet I purchased the wreath form 3 years ago and that wasn't advance notice enough?  Oh well, moving along....  My s
on and DIL love America and are patriots so the flags will do just fine.

The bottom outside row was the first that was hot glued on.  After that row dried I turned the wreath form over and securely glued the very back to ensure the foundation layer wouldn't fall off.  You want to be sure those corks are flat and I placed it on a plastic bag so as to not glue it to the table.
After that hardened I glued another row on top of the first row then tackled the bottom inside row.  There comes a time when the space isn't big enough for an entire cork so one had to be cut to fit.

OOPS, how the heck is he supposed to hang this thing???  I'd forgotten to plan ahead for that too.  Then I spied convenient gaps where a hanger could applied.  You can see one of those cut corks near the hanger.
This next topic will rustle up some anger I'm sure... prescription costs and health insurance.  In addition to my Medicare I have secondary health coverage for the other 20% after deductibles.  Also chose to have a prescription drug plan thru Humana.  The prescription drug insurance is more than I spend on drugs during the year but because of my age if I were to need really very expensive drugs the cost wouldn't put me in debtor's prison.

Biopsy came back from the colonoscopy and it confirmed what I had suspected...the collagenous colitis had returned.  The doctor prescribed the same drug (Budesonide 3 mg capsules) as before.  The cost from Humana prescription plan was over $400 ~ yes, over $400 for 30 pills and I didn't accidentally hiccup on the '0'.  And that was with my prescription plan.

So I checked to see what the price would be thru the NO COST GoodRx card one of my doctors always gives me after a visit.  You can see the difference in cost savings HERE.  I  went to Walgreens as the cost was less there than Walmart.  Do you believe that crap??????  So if you have a prescription which is expensive go to the Good Rx web site and type in the name of the prescription to see if it would be cheaper.  If it is, copy out the coupon and take it to the drug store when you pick up the prescription.

Now something I almost decided to not write about because you'll question my sanity.  Okay, so you know I am a little cray-cray, lol and go looking for orbs at Cape May.  But something happened a few nights ago that hasn't left my mind.  I was in a deep sleep when I felt the gentle weight of a hand on the side of my head from my ear to my brow. Immediately I woke up.  Wasn't fearful but rather comforted.  

Sometimes I don't remember dreams I've had during the night and other times the dreams are so vivid they seem real.  That felt like a real touch but don't recall any dream.  I felt that touch for several minutes afterwards.  Maybe it was a dream and what if it wasn't?  

Well kiddo's I haven't pulled a loop all day and I'm getting ready to do that right now.  Have a fantastic evening.

Saundra



4 comments:

  1. Your cork wreath is lovely. A great gift for your son. You can always add the grapes later. I've seen those cork wreaths sell for a lot of money on eBay. You did a great job on the wreath. I've been trowing my corks away but most of my wine had the same corks. I still have a whole bag of new corks but I doubt I ever will make a cork wreath.

    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that wreath is just fun. Your son will have to replenish some of those corks...lol!
    Glad you were able to save a bundle at GoodRX. Prescription costs can be crazy. I have a prescription plan just in case, like you, I would need it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun wreath. Prescriptions are through the roof. Glad you went to Good RX. Sure hope the meds help. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wreath came out great , cute idea !!!
    My husband & I have spent countless hours trying to figure out the best plan for the medicare program ....what a PITA !!!! Dental , my dentist told me won't be covered in their office , they aren't interested in joining that ...well , there were a lot of us Retired Folks in there !!! They will loose a lot of business ....So frustrating !!! Where is My Drink !!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.