Monday, December 19, 2022

DAY 5 of CHRISTMAS THEMED RUGS I'VE HOOKED (edited)

This is a design by Ali Strebel which included both hooking and applique.  Sadly I gave my first ever hooked mitten to someone ~ we were suppose to exchange first hooked pieces.  Well she got mine but I didn't get hers, lol.  But I hooked more of them , gave as gifts or sold.
The edit:  At 4 a.m.  when I woke to go to the bathroom remembered that I have hooked another as did Nancy Kilrain.  Here is mine, which I still own but had a lapse of memory, lol.  I liked hers better and borrowed stole her idea for a braided hanger.  

Julia asked if I hooked the back....no I didn't  hook a back for the pocket, I used a piece of the same off white wool used for hooking the pocket.
And here is Nancy's; I love the direction she hooked the cuff which gives it the impression of a knitted mitten.  And, by the way, Nancy has ressurected/redirected the content of her blog to be more her hooking since her husband seem to be making bird houses.  Drop by for a visit with NANCY.
Here is the booklet from which I got the design; you can see a picture of it on the cover.  Not sure if the booklet is out of print or not since I didn't see it listed on her web site.    Perhaps you might get luck with one listed on eBay.
The temperature has been colder than normal for us here in Delaware but at least (so far) no snow.  Isn't the same for  you in the midwestern states or Canada tho.  You're all welcome to keep all of it.

I've been watching the George and Tammy TV series about the life of George Jones and Tammy Wynette.  I had no idea of the turbulent life they led probably because there was no social media back then and I didn't go to their shows or keep up with the music gossip.  Show is interesting and good music to entertain me while hooking.  Also would like to add that I'm happy I'm not famous with an image to keep.  

Happy hooking.

Saundra


5 comments:

  1. I hooked mittens to sell last year and ever kept one for myself. Oh well. Yours looks so nice! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember doing one years ago,,,,
    Elaine😦😐😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be a fun thing to hook to put on the door for all winter.
    We are in for rain. I would rather get snow at this point because it is just going to freeze up and become black ice.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like a quick and easy project to hang on the door for the whole winter. I like the sprigs of red berries inside the mitten. One question, Is the mitten hooked on both side to form a pocket or a is the backing sewed on on back. I supposed it could be made both ways.

    Our six inches of snow has gone down a little and the roof is dripping in this mild weather. I haven't checked the forecast to see what's coming next.

    Three people I know are sick with Covid. One is a nurse but she is still at home and my nephew caught it while in hospital. My great-grandson is just getting over a flu but from school. Sickness around Christmas sucks.

    Stay well and safe.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excuse all the typos. I rushed, I've got to go drive my husband somewhere to find a business address.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.