Monday, December 26, 2022

My Floral

Believe it or not the floral didn't go back in the tote of shame.  As I still haven't chosen anything new to put on the frame decided to forge ahead with the floral.  All worms have been used except for the occasional light background color.  Perhaps using worms has been the impetus that kept me going.
I'm redesigning as I go ~ deleting leaves, adding leaves or changing direction of them and flowers.  As I'm looking at the design right now I just might eliminate some flowers too or make them smaller.  
I'm not a pink person but should probably balance it out by having another pink or sorta pink flower elsewhere in the rug.  The rug measures 23 x 33.5 and wish it was smaller now. 

Already have my black eye peas on hand for my southern traditional New Years meal.   Some of you may have the Germanic traditional meal of  pork and sauerkraut.  Whatever you plans be sure to have your ingredients on hand before the weekend.

Happy Boxing Day to my Canadian friends and happy hooking to all.

Saundra


5 comments:

  1. Hi Saundra, I'm taking a little break from sorting pieces of a 2000 piece puzzle for a cup of tea and I thought of checking on my blogger friends.

    I love your floral rug and you know my love of flowers, lol... It's looking great.
    I haven't had a traditional New Year meal but we will probably go out for the New Year meal. If not, it will probably be a ham and scallop potatoes with broccoli and sweet potatoes. New year's Eve is spent quietly working on a puzzle with George but this year, his eyesight is not good enough to be able to to help me.

    I'm so full of all the Holliday food as everywhere we go people are serving us some rich Holliday food. I can't believe it almost time to hang the 2023 calendar.

    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a B.I.G. rug that will be lovely.
    Black eyed peas? No thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flowers are looking so pretty !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought for sure the floral rug would be put away. Glad you proved me wrong. Our New Years tradition was to always have crab legs, but last year was the first year we did not have them with exception to covid year. Too expensive for us now. My kids always enjoyed having it once a year...because it was a treat for us. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love ur mat!!!!
    Love florals,,,,
    Keep going,,
    Finally got out,,, on boxing day to go visit family, ,, so good,,,, roads were iffy but stayed overnigjt and back yesterday,,,
    Good to be out ,,,,,
    Weather going mild after all the snow!!!!
    Happy new year,,,,,
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.