Friday, December 30, 2022

Re-Designing as I Hook

Although I really wanted to keep hooking thought I'd better take a look to see how these flower color combinations are working together from the monitor.  Not all the reds are the same, some are an orangey red, some soft red, others are wine red; then throw in the pinks and blues and now worried they don't play well together.  There are also various shades and values of green but that doesn't bother me as much.

So I'm wondering if I've added too many different flower colors ~ for sure don't want all red and pink.  I like salmon colors yet there's no salmon color in there.   Do I dare, lol?  Or should I just continue with this color palate?  Me thinks keep on going on.

Here's this wannabe antique-looking floral, so you can give me your thoughts.  I do plan to hook that other smaller pointy flower same as I did the big blue one so the eye will move around the rug.  Might even eliminate that flower to the left of the small pointy one or at least make it smaller.  As the title says.."re-designing as I hook".
Before going to bed tonight I'll put the black eye peas in soak which will be cooked for dinner tomorrow evening and New Year's Day.

Saundra



6 comments:

  1. Your floral rug is looks lovely but I was wondering about the blue flower not having any leaves attached. It seems to float. I can't recall how it was on the antique original rug. Maybe, that 's how it was. Color planning isn't my forte.

    How do you prepare your black eyed peas? I've never been a fan of beans but I eat them once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like all of the colors, but would make sure to add more blue on the right side as well. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love ur mat,,,
    More colors for sure,,,
    Thats just me,,,,
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had never had black eyed peas before we were invited to a new years party. They were good. Sending you great wishes for the new year
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! The rug is beautiful already. I love the colors and wouldn't change a thing. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.