Friday, December 23, 2022

DAY 9 OF CHRISTMAS THEMED RUGS

Since I ran out of Christmas/winter rugs I've hooked am substituting with Polly Minick's hooked pieces.  Some of you may not know that I drew patterns for Polly to hook as well as patterns for students when she had workshops.  These are her designs, a red Stocking.
A Christmas Stocking in blue.
The Santa pattern below is in one of Polly's books titled "The Americana Collection".
She also hooked one in different colors and had it made into a pillow.
A hooked Christmas tree.
Another Christmas Tree inside a boat.
Merry Christmas Red Sleigh before steaming, binding and on a frame.
As Polly had great clients in Florida, Nantucket and elsewhere she did another hooked rug with a Sailboat and tree.   As you can see she loved ticking as her binding.
This Candy Canes photo is blurry but wanted to show you the other designs she hooked.
Sad she has quit hooking and teaching as she provided me with plenty of pocket change to feed my hooking habit.  I have loads of other photos of her work but not all is Christmas related.  Hope she still feels fulfilled since giving up rug hooking.  Polly has authored several books and all of them have patterns which can be enlarged or full size pattern pieces.  Hope you enjoyed her show.

Saundra



4 comments:

  1. I guess I didn't know she quit hooking altogether. She did some great pieces.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was curious as to what you'd pull out of your hat but I knew that you'd come up with something. I wonder if Polly will return to rug hooking in the future.

    I hope that the storm isn't too bad in your area. We have rain and high wind and the temperatures were 35.6 degree F. earlier. We lost power on our street and the power outage is over a large area.
    There are snow storms all over Canada. Thank goodness we have a Generac generator that kicked in when the power went out so I could bake my meat pies and cranberry cookies. My son next door has no power either and he is heating his house with his wood stove.
    I wonder what kind of Christmas this is going to be this year for many.

    I hope you don't loos your power.
    Stay safe and warm.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the stocking,,,and the Santa and Tree! Think I hooked that one years ago,,,,love it,,,sold it or gave it away,,,,
    Storm here is🌎🏗wild,,,stop I'll have Power!,
    CAN'T GET out doors,,,,Too much snow ,,,,a different xmas,,,
    Merry Christmas,,,Hope UR ok there Saundra,,,,
    We hope to travel on boxing day,,,

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot I put the Polly Santa with the trees in the corners on linen. Another rug I should hook one of these days! So many great rugs of hers. I am surprised to hear the she is not even hooking. I understand the teaching part.
    Merry, merry Christmas ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.