Friday, December 16, 2022

DAY 2 of HOLIDAY THEMED RUGS I'VE HOOKED

Cherries and Candy Stripe is that name I gave this antique adaptation.  While it isn't really Christmas themed the border reminds me of candy canes.  Dimensions on the one I hooked are 13.5 x 34.5 whereas the antique measured 30 x 75.  
Here it is on my harvest table;  the colorful bird house was a gift from my grandson Zach who painted it when he was just a kid.
In case you are wondering what the antique looked like, here it is.  I chose to not have the yellow stripes.
Thank goodness the rain finally got out of here sometime last evening.  According to the local TV station this area received over 2" some areas up to 3".  This is my backyard and into the woods.  That is the stump in my back yard at a distance and another photo closer.
The water also extends to my left and toward the front of the property.
Will return to pulling loops on the floral as there still isn't a new rug for the frame yet.  Happy hooking.

Saundra


5 comments:

  1. Oh No , you have another Pond !!! It rained here all day , just raw , windy & cold , we were lucky we didn't get a foot of snow !
    Love this rug Saundra !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lot of water in your woods. Our snow is almost all gone because of the rain. We are supposed to get some snow for Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

    It looks like a Christmassy rug with the candy cane colors. I haven't pulled any loops. I've been working in the books these last few days and I'm getting crossed-eyes but the job is done.
    Stay dry.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Argh matey....that be a lot of water. I can't believe I see something green growing. Holy moly. Everything is just white here...After the ice storm that dumped an inch of ice or more on us, we got dumped with ~10" of snow...and it has snowed the two days after adding another 3-4". I've given up even looking at the forecast...it is too depressing. I knew it was going to be a snowier than usual winter this year and it is getting a good start. I agree that this looks like a candy cane rug...and with a little imagination, the center vine with cherries could look like holly and holly berries. Great color plan! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful rug. We are in the middle of a very heavy snowstorm i just came in from my 2nd round of shoveling. I do the walkways and decks husband does the driveway etc.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow thats a lot of rain. I love your colors of this rug vs the antique one. Great job!!! Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.