Tuesday, December 20, 2022

DAY 6 of CHRISTMAS THEMED MATS I'VE HOOKED

I've hooked a few snowmen and will show you just a couple tonight.  This one was hooked for a winter swap in 2011, probably when the Yahoo Rughookers were active.
My sweet daughter-in-love adores snowmen so I've hooked a couple to give her.  In 2006 before I became divorced I hooked this guy for her.  Must say I'm not very pleased with my choice of colors for the background.  But it is what it is, lol.  You can see my old initials at the top left.
And in 2011 decided to hook the same snowman as done for the swap to give Cathy.  Sorry the photo is so poor as I must have taken the photo without a flash.  
For the life of me cannot recall the designer of any of those but am thinking they were freebies from Kelley, Lori, Primitive Betty or maybe a magazine insert.

Something else I gave my sweet DIL was a small lap quilt/wall hanging of snowmen.  It was a quilt pattern booklet which I still have and always considered hooking that snowman angel you see at the top.
Sorta think I'll get requests for the name of the booklet so figured I'd better put a photo of that booklet now instead of doing an edit tomorrow morning, lol.  Uh, take note I had my snowman angel facing toward the right 😉.
'Tis winter for sure and colder than normal for 'this neck of the woods'.  As mentioned before more rain is headed this way for Thursday at this point am not sure if I'd consider welcoming in snow instead of rain.  Oh well, I'll just hunker down and hook.  

Happy hooking.                 

Saundra



4 comments:

  1. You have been faithful in posting your Christmas rugs. Your snowmen rugs are all wonderful, even the one with the red background. I'm sure your daughter in love still cherish her snowman rug.

    I hope the weather isn't too wet in your parts of the woods. Here it has remained warmer than usual for this time of year. Everything seems to go in waves.

    Enjoy surrounding yourself with your Christmas rugs.
    I'm looking forward to tomorrow's showing.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun snowmen. I like that red background!
    Weather guessers sure are predicting one hell of a storm. So hope they are wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your Snowmen !!! And the Red background !!!
    I also hope the weathermen will be wrong as usual !!! 3 inches of rain & wind gust up to 50 miles will be terrible , we don't want to loose power or tress !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love snowmen and these are all so sweet! Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.