Wednesday, December 14, 2022

HUNTING TIME

I'm still working on another flower but it is hunting time once again for the next rug for my frame.  The idea of hooking a block from Lucinda Ward's Reconciliation Quilt is still on the table but that won't occur until after the new year when Christmas has been put away and folks have time, right Lauren 😁.

And I did draw out a pattern today but it wasn't for me. 😞  Someone ordered Cottage and Apple Tree pattern and always try to get them in the mail asap.

The rug below was recently found and before I did the screenshot thought for sure I'd noted the date and dimensions.  Well, can't identify any scribbled notes so guess I forgot.  Eventually I'll see it on pinterest again and follow the trail to hopefully take notes and document.
This great rug was found today, a Horse named Mabel dated 1917.  It measures 41 x 45 and  sold for $9,400 Oct. 2000.  If I hadn't hooked one very similar this would definitely be on my frame right now.
Here is the rug hooked several years ago which is very similar to the one above.
The Folk art horse rug below has been posted on my blog before.  It measures 36.5 x 52 and sold for $1,690.  At one time I was interested in hooking it but that interested fizzled out before drawing it.  Will think about this as a choice again.
I've posted this star rug previously also and now that I'm looking this one seems interesting.  Don't let that pattern maker's name on the bottom of the picture confuse you; she doesn't have a copyright to this design as it is in public domain circa 1900.  She just imprinted her web site link at the bottom of the picture.
This beauty is also being auditioned for the role of my next rug and I've been interested in this design for a while.  Cogswell's 4-petal flower is hooked with cotton and wool on burlap.  The original measures 31 x 45 and said to be hooked between 1890-1925.  I have some ugly wool that would be perfect.  If you recall, I've posted before how ugly wool makes a great rug.
Finally found it....Abe Lincoln, his horse and cabin.  AL1809 represents the date he was born.  US 1861-1865 for is years in office.
The search for my next project will continue but it is getting late in the day and want to make a post so will sign off for now...TA TA.

Saundra



 

5 comments:

  1. I dunno, but none of them are really blowing my skirt up...but then again, my skirt hasn't been blown up in a long, long, time. Maybe 'cuz I haven't worn a skirt in a long time?? Nah, couldn't be. Have fun deciding. ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, I love Robin's comment. None turns my crank but if I had too choose one it would be the black horse although. I don't care for the colors.
    Enjoy hooking the floral rug.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time? Ha! I don't know what that is...lol ;-)
    Leave it to Robin to put a smile on our faces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robin's comment was a Riot !!! I like Cogswell design !!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.