Friday, December 9, 2022

BORDER BOREDOM

Yep, it's true; I got bored working on the Double Eagle border so thought I'd tackle the humiliated floral and release it from its confines.  Although I was gung-ho to hook it but shortly after pulling some loops my confidence and interest diminished.  I hadn't even completely finished hooking the larger flower and into the tote it went.  This is what it looks like now.
I'm attempting to make it look old, and only hope I'll be successful.  But at least it won't go back in the tote of shame this time.  There is only one more side of the border to hook on Double Eagles so will look forward to working on this floral once the border is finished.

Happy Friday and happy hooking.  🍷

Saundra



6 comments:

  1. That is such a wonderful pattern I can't wait to see what you do with color.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually bought some wool today. Am hoping to squeeze in some hooking myself for a bit. I like the flowers thus far! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely pattern and it reminds me of a floral rug that my grandmother had when I was a little girl. The background was black, but of course it wasn't as fancy as this one. The flowers also reminds me of flowers on some old wall paper.
    I know that you'll have it look old in the colors that you like. I can't wait to see some progress on it. I also look forward to seeing your double eagles finished.
    My rug is hiding upstairs, waiting for me but I've had my nose in office papers this week.
    Enjoy the weekend and have a few sips for me. 🍷

    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. This floral pattern looks so familiar to me,,,,
    Dont know why,, so many ar similar ,,,,
    Love the start of thst primitive rose,,,
    Elaine😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are too dedicated. If I started that floral and was totally unhappy with it, it would have ended up in my tote of shame forever...or turned over and something new drawn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you're sitting down Mummy D b/c, yeah, it's me. Don't quite know where to start because I will never catch up, but the longer I don't start the farther lost I will be and the harder the start will be. You are the queen of making things look old...and I wish you could see what I see when I look at your start here. Definitely old looking. I've not hooked much...Simple Santa is still simply not done. Haven't stitched much either. Beats me what it is that I have accomplished. Snowing here...soup's on. And I guess that's all I can say. ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.