Saturday, August 1, 2015

Happy HOT August 1st

Oh yeah it was a hot one today and I only cut Ben's back yard with the push power mower and decided to cut the rest of the yard another day. 

Instead, decided to play a little and drew out my next project.  It is a free design in the latest issue of Primitive Quilts and Projects, a design by Lori Brechlin of NotForgotten Farm, the design is called Hester.
Dang, that's right, it was designed to be a needle punch design which is punched from the back.  Oh well, mine will be facing the other way because I'm not redrawing it for hooking.  I have, however, taken a little creative license and might hook the sliver moon in the corner. 
Before drawing it out I contemplated making the cat smaller with more background and have a couple pumpkins in the piece.  But this is a wonderful whimsical fall cat and decided to keep it big. 

The pattern I drew measures 13 1/2 x 17/ 1/4.  And as excited as I am to begin hooking it the the Black Kitten Mat needs to be finish for my friend.  Soooo, boys and girls, if you'd like to join me in the hooking of Hester journey you have time to draw out your design for either punching or hooking.  Would love it if you'd share your progress with me and I'd post our in-progress pictures on my blog and you could do the same if you have a blog.  I think it would be fun to show a variety of Hesters.  Heck, mine will already be different since it is drawn opposite of the picture in the book.

If you don't subscribe and would like to purchase the magazine or get a subscription this is what this issue of Primitive Quilts and Projects looks like.
Have a great evening everyone.  Time to walk my boy and hook a little.

Saundra

6 comments:

  1. Good lookin cat. If I ever get caught up with some of my current projects I might give this one a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked up a little pattern today that I am actually excited to hook. Hopefully it might get my mojo going and I might hook Hester some day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hester looks like a cool Halloween prim cat. I know you'll have fun hooking.
    It was raining hard this afternoon with thunder and was too wet to work outside.
    After supper I got a bit of hooking done. I have a bit of arthritis in my neck and couldn't hook for too long.

    It's a long weekend here in New Brunswick but it's just regular schedule for us farmer. I don't blame you for not wanting to be a farmer in your next life.
    Hook on...
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to make so many things from the issues, hopefully I can get to them soon, lots of great holiday projects.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Saundra,
    Lately, I seem to be into making cats and just LOVE this one too!! I love that magazine and hope to hook or punch this pattern sometime in the not too distant future!! I just finished another cat from Primitive Betty that I just love too!!! Happy hooking to you!!!
    Warm Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pattern.
    If I get ambitious after vacation is over, maybe I can join you...but I do have a Lori pattern I got from Kris Miller.
    Too many patterns, too little time...sigh.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.