Wednesday, October 21, 2020

A Goode Witch

Another Lori Brechlin design named Do Goode, Be Nice is offered by Spruce Ridge Studios.  I hooked this in a class with Kris Miller 2016.  Must admit I was intimidated by those fingers and wanted my good witch to have a nice manicure.   Frankly I'm surprised they turned out as well as they did.
Also wanted her to have a whisker sticking out of her chin so hooked a skinny piece of red wool which you can see.  Love Kris' suggestion on doing beading on those purple flowers.  I knew how to do beading (two pieces of wool hooked alternately) but had only done that for a beauty line near a border and never applied that to hooking a flower.  Turned out great!

Another suggestion Kris made was to add a real skeleton key instead of hooking it.
Hope I have enough Halloween to last these next 10 days to satisfy Robin's Halloween appetite.

Saundra

5 comments:

  1. Ha! It is a real key. That’s the first thing I saw and thought what an incredible job you did! 😁. Love the whisker too - heehee.
    Have to do some catching up, have had long days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful job!! I love this witch.
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. The beading around the flowers was a fabulous touch! Great rug. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you hooked this !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I can sleep tonight... ok....no I am sure I can't....but I am so glad you are obliging me and my crazy obsession with all things witchy and Halloween LOL. This is truly a fun, fun, mat!! I love your touches of detail...the whisker (LOL), the key...the beading. And, hey!! I have done beading...but now you are making me try to remember which rug(s) I did it on... Hmmmm...well at least it might pull me out of the "rabbit hole" for a while and give my brain something else to focus on. (And, I am also proud to say that I have done Waldoboro style....you mentioned it a while ago and I was like, wow....I KNOW what that IS and have done it LOL....See, I'm not a totally an "amateur hooker"....although I will never keep up with the likes of the most of you....Heck, I can't even keep up with blogging. ;-) . ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.