Monday, October 19, 2020

Do you Need a Break...

...from my Halloween photos and see what I'm working on now??  I thought you might enjoy a brief pause.

I've had this paper pattern "Wooly Santa" by Primitive Spirit  soon after it was released but didn't hook it until now.  Each November/December when seeing others' post their progress or completed piece it made me want to hook mine.  Finally this year I couldn't put it off  any longer and drew it.
As usual I am taking a little creative license to do it my way.  One thing I changed and you can see it in the standing sheep, is the shape of the face.  I hooked it as drawn but it looked too fat and a sheep has a more elongated face so pulled out loops and redrew.  At least I'm happier with my version so far.

That winter festive time is coming up quickly and want to be sure to have this happy fella finished to show.

Saundra

 

7 comments:

  1. Too funny! Your new post has not yet shown up on my sidebar but I clicked on your last post to see if I had missed your latest project. Lo and behold! The new post popped up.
    I, too, have this pattern and have not yet hooked it. What are you using to hook the sheep? It looks different on my screen. I love the way you hooked Santa's face and beard. I struggle so much with that. Lookin' good so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO!!! I do NOT need a break from Halloween posts LOL....but ok...if you must, this is a great pattern to break to. Love it!! But I have always been a sucker for sheep and Belsnickles.... Love the look on your Santa's face....something about the eyes looks like he is either giving us the skunk eye or raising one eye in question or doubt....like, "Really? You expect me to believe you've been good??" LOL. ~Robin~ (PS....Like Lauren, your post wasn't showing up and yet I knew you had to have done one.... Don't know what's going on, but I have noticed this the past several weeks....I will think I am caught up on my blog reading and then the next morning I look and there are posts that are almost a day old, but weren't showing up in my reading list the night before. Yet another Blogger fluke I guess....)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hooked this a couple years ago and it’s my fav Christmas piece- along with a 3D belsnickle I hooked.
    It’s so sweet but simple and captures the spirit of Christmas. Love your red

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always love this one, too,,,
    Awesome start!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Halloween so it was not chore to see your wonderful rugs. I do like this one and I said I would not hook another Christmas rug but I think I am going to. I do like this one so sweet.
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. So you’re not supposed to show me what you’re giving me for Christmas but I’ll pretend to be surprised 😂. I love this piece! I used to raise suffolk sheep (black faced) so have a soft spot for them - and sheep in general.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.