Saturday, October 31, 2020

Miscellaneous Ramblings

Just 8 days away from rug camp and I'm not thoroughly convinced it really will occur.  Am thinking more students will drop out or the two remaining teachers of four original teachers drop out as well.  Guess I've been used to disappointments or cancellations most of this year.  But if it really does happen I'll enjoy getting away from my cave for a couple days.   

I've drawn the New Years Eve pattern on linen and have started pulling wool.  As mentioned before it is from the art work of Lindsay Bowles and sold on etsy by The Wool Farm.
At my own snail pace am binding Old Tom without any more reverse hooking and almost done with hooking Woolly Santa but haven't tackled the eyes of him yet.  Friend Lauren (Rugs and Pugs) asked what I'd put on my frame next since that one would be done before camp.  

Hmmmm, I've got to work that out real soon.  I have several patterns on linen in my stash including Over the Moon with wool ready. 
I would like to hook a profile of my boy Ben as my other departed fur babies have been hooked.  Just haven't drawn up a pattern of Ben yet.  Let  me explain the tether....I was working outside and he was a runner/car chaser.  This was photo was taken before the back yard was fenced in for him to be loose.
And, it has been a long time since I've hooked an antique adaptation so that's also a possibility.  OH, just thought that I could take bag of selvages and start my hit and miss geometric.  Heck, that would be something quick to gather and easy to draw.  

When I return from rug camp will put rugs and patterns on ebay or etsy and thought I'd post something here first.  At one time I was heavily into stitchery and quilting.  One thing I know for sure....never again will I do stitcheries and/or quilts using stitcheries.  

There are 12 unused like new designs, one for each month which originally cost $5 each.  I will sell them for $4 = $48 plus shipping to the lower 48 states only.  Am selling them together, not individually.  Even if you don't make a quilt with them, they are individually cute small rug hooking designs.  

First one gets it, if you are a No-Reply blogger I'll not be able to contact you so would go the the first person I can reach.
I can see a Thanksgiving and Santa design on someone's frame soon and there would be other designs for the remainder of the year.

Happy Saturday and so glad the rain has stopped.  The remnants of Zeta left me with a lake over the entire back and sides of my house.  Not sure the total rainfall for my area but it was predicted to have up to 5".

Saundra


5 comments:

  1. You have Fun rugs to hook ! Hope you can go to Rug Camp , but with Virus spreading , sure seems likely we are headed for a shut down . Why can't people just wear a Mask ????
    You got 5 inches if Rain !!! We got almost 3" of snow here yesterday & it was freezing this morning , will be only in the 40's for the few Trick Or Treaters . Much too soon for snow , but now I feel like getting a Cmas Tree out just to feel cheerful ! Can't wait for next week to be over !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have many rugs to choose from to put on the frame next.
    I do hope rug camp is a go!!! 2020 has been the year of disappointments ;-(
    (But I hope the biggest disappointment will not be next Tuesday!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that pattern maybe I will treat myself to it. I do hope you get to go but covid has exploded and I mean exploded here in our little area it is truly scary for David and I.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping u get to go to camp!
    Be safe,,,
    Sweet pattern,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of choices....and love the yummy wools you pulled for your bear New Year's design..... Fingers crossed that you get to go to camp. I know how very much you are looking forward to it. Eeek about the rain....We had some snow flurries...and wind....horrendous winds....Stuff all over the yard, but thankfully the power didn't go out here as it did in several areas. The Mr. is gone (again), so I may just light a fire and curl up with some stitching....and maybe a good Halloween show. I have to say "goodbye" to spooking season slowly ya know. Happy Sunday my friend.... ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.