Saturday, October 17, 2020

Another Fall Halloweenish Hooked Mat

 Soon I'll be running out of Halloween rugs so will show you one which is not only on Spruce Ridge Studio's web site but one of my all time favorites.  It is called Nantucket Broom ride, a design by Lori Brechlin and hooked in a class with Kris Miller.
Kris is always a fun class with loads of information and great wool but a rug isn't always completed in a class.  Upon coming home and getting sick wonderful and talented hooking icon Barb Carroll sent me a 'get well' package of wool to contribute to the project.  That would include the idea and wool for red hair and fanciful scarf.  Barb thought that Nantucket Witch needed to look like she was flying high and having fun.  It won't show on Kris' pattern I'm sure but if you wanted it you could always draw it in yourself.  Thank you Barb, love you 😘
 
This was probably the most fun rug I've ever hooked.

Saundra

7 comments:

  1. Ha ha!! I love this Saundra!!! You keep pulling surprise after surprise out of your sleeves!! I don't recall seeing this pattern before although I have followed Lori for many, many, years....In fact, the cross stitch project I am trudging through now is one of hers. This is so fun and fanciful...and again, great color planning!! Those houses!!! It looks large-ish??? ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun!
    love lori brechlins mats, etc,,,,
    you did a great job,,,,
    getting a spe ial parcel from barb, too!!!!
    take care,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this rug also may some day I will get to hook it.
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great rug. I love how you hooked the whale's eye.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a hoot! I like that moon of all things 🌛

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.